Wednesday 11 January 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Slow Cooker Provencal Beef Stew!


Once a week, I've decided to dedicate one post to a yummy recipe that my family loves - I'm calling it "What's Cookin' Wednesday".  This week's recipe is for Slow Cooker Beef Provencal Stew. 

I LOOOVVVEEE using our slow cooker and since having children I use it all the time.  This stew is really yummy and includes a couple of different veggies for the little ones.  We have a picky eater in our house, so what I do is pick out the a few sweet potatoes and a bit of beef for his plate (heaven forbid anything GREEN goes on to his plate!!)  Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Beef Provencal Stew
1 lb boneless stewing beef
3 tsp flour
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in 1" pieces
1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
1 zuchini cut into 1" pieces
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup Kraft Sundried Tomato and Oregano dressing
1/3 cup chopped basil

Toss meat and flour in slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients, except basil.  Stir.  Cover lid and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours (or on low for 6-8 hours)  Stir in basil just before serving.

Recipe from Kraft Kitchens.

This week, I'm linking up to:
Serenity Now - Weekend Bloggy Reading
Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday
Ginger Snap Crafts - {wow me} wednesday
A Little Knick Knack - EBTKS Link
A bowl full of lemons - Tuesday Link Party

1 comment: