Monday 9 January 2012

My Sewing Nook

Hello there...I hope that you had a terrific weekend!  The weather here has been AH-MAZING!!  I hope that it's nice where you are too.
As promised, here is my new sewing nook.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any "before" pictures, but it was just an empty courner in our bedroom (you'll just have to trust me!)  I was in need of a permanent spot to put my sewing machine but with no extra rooms in our house and limited space in the ones we have, I didn't know what to do?!?!  Thanks to Pinterest and the wealth of creativity that it holds, I came across MANY ideas for my sewing nook.  It is still a work in progress, but it's made such a difference in my life.  Before my new sewing nook, I had my sewing machine stored away in a cupboard....which wasn't bad until I started sewing on a more regular basis.

There's still more that I'd like to do - add some art work and a pillow and I'm changing the chair from wicker to a white wood one...but overall I'm very happy with the (almost) end result.  Thank you Pinterest!!!

Here's the breakdown of the items that I used:

Desk: Ikea - Samdal
Wall Shelf and brackets: Ikea - Ekby
Light and accessories:  Ikea

2 comments:

  1. Very cozy, plus you have a nice window for light and to stare out of when you want to do some day dreaming :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! the room looks great!

    ReplyDelete