Wednesday 25 January 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Hashbrown Casserole and Ham in the Slow Cooker

Hello, I'm back this week with a yummy recipe for a hashbrown casserole that you can do in the slow cooker, with a little trick to do the ham at the same time as well.  This recipe is a big hit with my kids - even the picky eater!!!  Give it a try!

Hashbrown Casserole with Ham Trick!

What you'll need:

1 bag of frozen, shredded hashbrown potatoes (I didn't have the shredded on hand,so I used the cubed potatoes)
8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup melted butter
onion, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 lbs. ham

Stir all ingredients together - except ham.
Wrap ham in foil and (here's the trick....)place on top of potatoes!!!
Cover and cook in the slow cooker 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.


Enjoy!  I did mine with a side of steamed brocolli or "trees" as my kids say...delicious!  This recipe is from eatathomecooks.com

I'll be linking up to these fabulous blogs this week:
Serenity Now - Weekend Bloggy Reading
Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday
Ginger Snap Crafts - {wow me} wednesday
A Little Knick Knack - EBTKS Link
A bowl full of lemons - Tuesday Link Party
Simple Home Life - Features and Simply Creations Link Party
Bacon Time in Northern Cali - Anything Goes Linky
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday
Delightful Order - Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
House of Hepworths - Hookin' up with HoH
Tatertots and Jello - Weekend Wrap Up
I Heart Nap Time - Sundae Scoop Link Party

2 comments:

  1. Those potatoes sound yummy! I would never have thought to do them in a slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! I love hashbrowns!!

    ReplyDelete