Tuesday 29 May 2012

Flats are a Mom's Best Friend:)

Hello Friends!!!  I hope that you all had a lovely weekend!  Ours was full of dance lessons, team photos, baseball and swimming lessons - I'm looking forward to having a bit of break when all the kids are in preschool this morning:)  With any luck, I'll be able to get some sewing done that I've been putting off for way too long - wish me luck! 

Today, I have my sister, Christine, taking the reins...if you missed her last post, you can check it out here.  Take it away Christine!

Hi again...if you're anything like me, you do not lead a lifestyle that allows you to wear heels regularly.  As much as I LOVE heels and how they make your legs look amazing or instantly add sophistication to any outfit...I don't wear them. My life tends to revolve around running errands, walking the kiddies to school, grocery shopping etc. So I thought I would feature some great shoe alternatives to heels that are still comfortable and STYLISH! So here we go....

My first pick is the Converse running shoe. Comfortable but very trendy right now. Pair with anything from jeans and a t-shirt or shorts - they are amazing!
Next would be El Naturalista shoes- not only are they comfortable but they are made in Spain- the shoe capital of the WORLD! Plus they are committed to protecting the planet’s natural resources by using natural materials and dyes, not using toxic products and materials, and practice conservation by using substances that are biodegradable and recyclable. Double bonus if you ask me. Below is a favourite of mine but check out there website for a full listing of shoes.     


And last but not least I found these babies on the Zara website and fell in LOVE.  It is a take on a ballet shoe and a flat. Would look so cute with a black skirt, a LBD, a jean skirt or destroyed boyfriend jeans....oh, the options are endless.   HAPPY SHOPPING!!!



Thanks again Christine - can't wait for your post next month;) 

And here's a little teaser for you.....be sure to come back here Friday for a very special announcement for all you readers out there...you don't want to miss it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment