Wednesday 28 November 2012

Let the Decorating BEGIN!!!

Hello friends...how are ya?? Is anyone else excited about Christmas decorating, Christmas cards, Christmas baking, Christmas get togethers with friends and family, Christmas carols, Christmas crafting and Christmas shopping - I SURE AM!! Although we aren't putting the tree up until the weekend, I have been adding a few decorations here and there throughout the house...just to get everyone in the Christmas spirit:)

Yesterday, my son and I took a little trip to Fabricland and found these adorable pine cone stars....now I know that some of my super crafty friends could whip something like this up in a matter of minutes, but with a price tag of $3 a star (regularly $20 - not kidding, $20!!) and let's be honest here - my limited crafting skills... I couldn't pass it up.

I could have used these stars as is (there was already a sliver ribbon attached to it), but most of my Christmas decorations are red, and I knew that I had some leftover red and white gingham fabric from IKEA that would be perfect.



So, I cut off the silver ribbon from the stars, cut my gingham fabric into stripes, heated up the glue gun and started gluing. This whole project took less than 10 minutes and I couldn't be happier with the results.


Doesn't the red and white gingham add so much more to the star???  I had thought about adding some additional embellishments, but I really like the simplicity of this and think that if I added anything else, it might be TOO much.  I can't wait to share more Christmas decorating, gift ideas and recipes over the next few weeks - Tis' the Season!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Super cute... I LOVE that star! I would have paid $3 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $3 is totally worth it for that adorable star! If the price had been $20 I would have decided to try and make one...It's so cool and the red and white really look great with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? $3 is a steal!! It is too cute!

    ReplyDelete