Monday 24 September 2012

Apples, Apples and MORE Apples!!

When I was in highschool, one of my part-time jobs was working on an apple orchard. It was a huge apple farm that let people pick there own apples, purchase baked goods and had loads of fun activities to keep the kids entertained and busy. It was a real weekend hotspot for families that lived out of town - mostly families from the city, most locals (who didn't work there) did everything they could to avoid the farm on a weekend.  I'm not sure if my experience at the farm and then later job of baking the pies in the pie factory has something to do with it, but cooking or baking with apples isn't something that I do that often...which seems strange since baking is one of my favourite things to do?!?!

Today, I decided that I would step back in time and bake something with apples in it. And let me tell you, I'm so glad that I did! I found this recipe for Apple Bread on Today's Creative Blog. If you've gone apple picking or (like me) purchased a bag of apples this is a quick and easy little recipe to do.

Doesn't it look delicious and it tastes phenomenal!


And here's another view, just because I like it soooo much!



Since this recipe only needs two apples and because I bought an entire large bag of apples (that's how I roll!)   I'll have to make be trying out more apple recipes and sharing them with you.  Have a happy Monday!

1 comment: